How beautiful the nature is! There is only a female which is having a particular system which get starts in her conscious phase and ends also in her conscious phase. None of the other creatures is having that beauty in them. If simply talking, menopause is just the simple functional change in the female’s body where a system just stopped its functioning completely. But if looking deep inside it is not as simple as that. The phase in between 40 to 50 years brought many of the challenges which affects a woman more psychologically.
Well, if talking in medical terms it is the phase where reproductive functioning gets ceased due to physiological changes. A change in the estrogen level. Estrogen the key hormone in females for the regularities in reproductive life. And during the menopause this hormone got down in numbering. This lowering in estrogen leads to many of problems as this is the one which interlink every other system of the body even brain (Hypothalamus – the one function of this is to create emotions, moods) with each other and with reproductive system. This is the time when a womanneeds to be understood completely, by her family, friends, colleagues etc., as during this phase she is dealing with some of complicated situations, which may lead to change her mood and behaviour.
Common Problems during this phase
As hormonal disturbance might bring many of the challenges in her life like.
- Her sleep will be completely disturbed.
- Sometime forgetting the things which usually she is not doing in her routine habits.
- Repeated headache
- Pain in the joints with stiffness
- Feeling her own heartbeat (palpitation)
- Excessive sweating in the night
- Major mood changes
- Hot flushes – sometime feeling excessive hot and sometime feeling excessive cold
- Vaginal pain and dryness
- Change in periods
- Reduced mass of the muscle
- Recurrent urinary tract infection etc.
Why need to understand all this?
Majority of the people in male dominant society unable to understand about her situation, and also illiteracy is one among the prominent causes. Many of the families got disturbed or separated even after the 30 years of marriage. As just need to understand about her phase, for this –
- Counselling of the family members, friends and even for the colleagues is must.
- Educating the females from the age of 35 years.
- Support from the near and dear ones, should counsel her by different means.
- Regular visit to the gynaecologist is must for 35 years of age.
- Yoga & Pranayama to balance the body and mind.
- Regular healthy and nutritive diet with proper timing.
- Most of the health advisor suggest to avoid rancid dough kept in refrigerator. It should be freshly prepared.
Note – This context is just for knowledge purpose and one must and should consult to your health advisor for any suggestions.
By:- Dr Munish Kumar Insan BAMS MD (Ayurveda)